12 Ways to Build a Strong Marriage Relationship
Written by Admin on January 26, 2022
Here are 12 ways to build a strong marriage relationship.
- Be intentional about spending time together and doing things you both enjoy.
- Forgive quickly. This sounds simple, but it is one of the most challenging parts of a marriage relationship for many. On the flip side, when you’ve made a mistake, admit it and humbly ask for forgiveness.
- Surround yourself with friends who will strengthen your marriage. Don’t spend time with people who will tear down your marriage or may even tempt you to compromise your character.
- Make sex a priority. A good marriage relationship is built on more than sex, but it is an important element of a strong marriage.
- Keep communication lines open. Don’t assume you know what your spouse is thinking or feeling. Ask them, and listen attentively when they are talking.
- Join a thriving community of faith. A good church and regular fellowship with other believers can make a huge difference in your lives.
- Pick your battles. Don’t waste time on nitpicking. If you believe the issue is truly important, discuss it in a respectful way with your spouse.
- PRAY together. It is one of the most intimate acts a couple can experience together, and it will strengthen your bond.
- Try to be the biggest servant in the house. Don’t keep a score of how well your spouse is serving you. Instead, ask yourself how you can better serve your spouse.
- Remember that your spouse can never meet all of your needs—they were not designed for that. Look to God as your source of satisfaction, and build friendships with others who will support your marriage.
- Keep in mind that you don’t always need to offer solutions for your spouse’s problems. Sometimes a hug and a listening ear communicate more love than your advice.
- Remember that even in a strong marriage, it is rare that both spouses are feeling strong at the same time. It’s normal for husband and wife to take turns being strong for each other in the moments when the other feels weak.